Apply Now >>
Position Title: Maintenance Lead
Location: Flagstone, Minneapolis
Reports To (title): Maintenance Manager
Exempt/Nonexempt Status: Hourly
Effective Date: 10/26/2015
Job Description: Lead, train and motivate employees to meet maintenance standards, goals and efficiencies. The Maintenance Lead is responsible to support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the maintenance programs and related activities to ensure site based machinery and equipment is operating with the highest degree of reliability and cost efficiency. In addition, this position is responsible to direct, lead and develop maintenance technicians at all levels.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Must be capable of performing all of the duties of a Plant Mechanic I, Plant Mechanic II, and Plant Mechanic III
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in executing the daily operations of assignments
- Is responsible to update immediate supervisor regarding equipment status, safety, and personnel issues
- Responsible to the maintenance staff on shift, effective planning, organization, leading & coordinating of maintenance mechanics
- Provide training & coaching for maintenance staff to improve overall technical skills to effectively maintain equipment at base condition
- Maintain equipment at base condition & comply with conditions of use at all times
- Expected to interact directly with external equipment service personnel, internal engineering and management personnel
- Responsible to provide technical expertise to resolving problems with equipment and/or facilities
- Assign work, analyze productivity, workflow, methods and procedures, making recommendations to management as appropriate regarding maintenance functions
- Coordinate day to day administration of maintenance tasks, work orders, scheduling and procedures
- Confers with other Supervisors/Managers to coordinate required maintenance activities
- Examine work orders and PM’s and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Recommend measures to improve efficiency and troubleshooting of equipment
- Enforce all company policies and plant policies
- Must have developed skills through advanced education in at least two of the following areas:
- Machine Repair
- Must be able to perform major overhauls and rebuilds of machines and equipment to include manufacturing of complex parts, requiring close tolerances and precision fitting.
- Must be proficient using lathes, surface grinders, drill presses, hydraulic presses and vertical mills (Bridgeport).
- Must be able to inspect, test, repair and or replace hydraulic power or hydro-pneumatic assemblies.
- Electronics (Including Advanced Electrical)
- Must be able to inspect, test, calibrate, repair and/or replace electronic controls and sensing devices which incorporate integrated, printed and modular circuitry.
- Must be able to inspect, test, repair and/or replace electro-mechanical controls such as PLC’s, servo, and other interrelated devices.
- Must be able to repair and/or replace electrical services and components for the maintenance of equipment or facilities.
- Welding (Specifically Stainless Steel)
- Must be able to layout and cut parts ready to assemble using Heliarc welding with several different alloys. The design and layout must provide a food safe, cleanable design.
- Must be able to assemble parts using Heliarc welding producing a high strength non-porous bond of steel, stainless steel, aluminum and other alloys safe for use in food manufacturing process.
- Must be able to fabricate and install parts to equipment or facilities to insure safe and continued operation using blueprints, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Processing and Packaging Systems
- Must have experience with packaging systems and the integration of equipment to effect acceptable flow rates and quality standards, with a minimum of hourly personnel, including, but not limited to a knowledge of case formers and packers, carton machines, ink and laser coding, vacuum packagers, tapers, conveyors, gravimetric feeding systems, food grinders, mixers, extruders, etc.
- Responsible for miscellaneous projects as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Communicate with all levels of management and subordinates using both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of organization.
- Ability to establish project and priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
High School plus specialized training preferred
Minimum Experience Preferred:
3-5 years in a maintenance role
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Also, the employee may be required to lift up to 55lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now >>