Apply Now >>
Position Title: Production Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports To (title): Plant Manager
Exempt/Nonexempt Status: SALEX
Effective Date: 5/1/2016
Job Description: Provides the overall leadership for the production functions within the plant. Must possess the ability to manage, lead and implement controls and process improvements to help successfully achieve exceptional safety and production standards. Coaches, trains and documents best practices through continuous improvement efforts in order to enable the company to provide superior quality products and service to internal and external customers, while preparing for new customers and rapid sales growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish leadership goals and set the strategic direction for the Production/Operations team.
- Communicate the company mission, vision and values through words and actions.
- Interact effectively to foster teamwork. Harnesses resultant energy, enthusiasm and excitement of others in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Display enthusiastic drive in order to encourage better business performance. Set high goals and standards of performance for peers and direct reports.
- Play a strategic role in the training and development of all direct reports. Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement towards a high performance organization, while assuring effective performance of the department. Function as a mentor to build a positive and productive working environment.
- Self-directed and able to recognize and pursue opportunities not identified by others.
- Consistently able to demonstrate positivity, authority and credibility. Establishes rapport with peers, direct reports, and other plant employees. Ability to effectively work cross functionally and with all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Provide leadership for all direct reports and production employees in order to achieve plant goals via continuous improvement and alignment to the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Set aggressive objectives and priorities in order to drive improvement with clear and visual goals and accountabilities. Work with all departments and areas to align resources to deliver against business requirements in the areas of cost, financial controls, quality, safety and business initiatives
- Apply Lean manufacturing principles to improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizational and departmental metrics.
- Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance in order to produce a quality product.
- Develop capital justification for the factory to improve safety, quality, costs and efficiency. Implement effective systems to monitor, control and reduce operating expenses.
- Work closely with all other supporting departments to ensure the highest quality product is being produced. Communicate in a timely manner any and all situations that may adversely impact the quality and efficiencies tied to product, operations and the business.
- Establish a Safety First culture and support all guidelines of GMP’s, HARP-C, FDA, the Environmental Control Act, and OSHA standards to ensure that the plant is in compliance.
- Analyze production reports including: production numbers, downtime, and labor/overtime to develop improvement plans. Communicate required actions based on production data to plant management and production staff with regards to performance, process improvements, safety and quality.
- Align production activities with other functional areas in the plant including Planning, Quality and Maintenance to optimize resources. Assist with product development by working with the commercialization team, engineering resources and the finance team in order to ensure capabilities of the production process and projects.
- Oversee the development and establishment of standard operating procedures and work instructions through the training supervisor and assigned resources. Ensure proper training and implementation throughout all production areas.
- Hire, train, coach and review performance of hourly employees. Work with HR on employee disciplinary issues, terminations and recruitment.
- Ability to assume all duties and responsibilities of plant manager as needed. Willing to serve as interim plant manager should the need arise. Ability to relocate.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective listener and team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, EPA, HARP-C regulations
- Critical thinker
- Able work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Minimum Experience Preferred: 7+ years in a manufacturing leadership role
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Also, the employee may be required to lift up to 55lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Now >>